How To Become an Australian Permanent Resident (Migrant)
Buy Australian Resistance permit. Australian migrants are permanent residents of Australia that hold migrant or permanent resident visas and may live and work in Australia indefinitely. While migrants are not citizens, they do have the option to become citizens after meeting the residency requirement. There are several ways to immigrate to Australia—through family, employment, refugee, or humanitarian status.
- Find the right visa for you
There are more than 40 Australian Migrant visas that allow you to work and live in Australia permanently. Here’s a quick look at some popular migrant visa categories:
Family-Based Permanent Residency
Buy Australian Resistance permit. If you have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident family member, you may be eligible to immigrate to Australia. Migrant visas are available for:
- Dependent relatives
Work-Based Permanent Residency
There are numerous paths to Australian permanent residency through the worker category. The migrant worker categories are:
- Employer-Sponsored Workers. When an Australian employer sponsors a foreign national work in Australia.
- General Skilled Migration. For people that are not sponsored by Australian employers but possess a skill valued in Australia.
- Skill Select. For workers possessing certain skills that Australia is in need of.
- Doctors and Nurses. Permanent residency is available to doctors and nurses on a need-only basis.
New Zealand Visa
New Zealanders do have the option to live and work permanently in Australia without a permanent resident visa. Access student loans; join the Australian Defence Force; or obtain ongoing work for the Australian government. The Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has a great tool to help you find which one is right for you. APPLY FOR AUSTRALIAN VISA ONLINE
- Check if you meet the visa requirements
The DHA website outlines the eligibility requirements for all its or you can find more information about select migrant categories by clicking the links in Step 1. Visas may require you to have a sponsor, a citizenship relative, a certain amount of money to invest in the business, or certain work skills. APPLY FOR A BRITISH DEATH CERTIFICATE
Apply for an Australian Migrant Visa
After you’ve found the right visa and have checked you meet all the eligibility requirements, you can apply for it. Applications are available for download or to apply online at the DHA website.
Most applications require you to submit supporting documents and an application fee. Make sure your entire application is complete before you send it in.APPLY FOR RESIDENT PERMIT
Depending on the visa you apply for and how backed up DHA is in processing applications, you may have to wait several weeks or several months for a decision to be made on your application. Buy Australian Resistance permit. GET AN AUSTRALIAN BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
- Get your visa!
Australian migrant visas are issued in increments of five years, subject to renewal. Other benefits of permanent residency include:
- Right to work
- The ability to apply for citizenship
- Access to public education
- Right to sponsor relatives to immigrate to Australia
- Right to travel freely between Australia and New Zealand without a visa